The students in my social media marketing classes must blog for 12 weeks. After 4 weeks this term I went around the room in one of the sections and asked for tips or tricks they have picked up on blogging, using WordPress, or sharing content. Each student came up with a unique tip or trick. I collected them below.
- Start writing the post, THEN do further research.
- I now select my picture before I finish writing the post – it helps tie it in.
- I watch YouTubes about blogging for inspiration and ideas.
- Look at trending topics for ideas.
- You are not writing an essay: Envision an informal conversation with a reader.
- I start writing before I complete an outline: sometimes I am surprised where it leads!
- Edit carefully and then have a trusted friend read it carefully.
- Continually brainstorm for ideas: never run out!
- Try video.
- Keep fresh by rotating media. Video. Write. Podcast. Repeat.
- If it is a timely topic…don’t wait for tomorrow. Get it out even if you must stay up.
- Make your posts personal and emotional.