Last evening (until 10 pm!) I discussed how to create a blog about your passion with 12 evening MBA students. I stressed finding a passion, checking out similar blogs, finding a niche, writing on topics the target audience would be interested in, and writing and rewriting so it is good stuff…
They heard the REALLY good stuff about creating content from the author of Tao of Twitter and Born to Blog, Mark Schaefer! (I enjoyed hearing his 5 tips to great blogging and physics of social media…)
A keen interest from the new bloggers was naturally how to get their blog noticed. My suggestions were:
- Polish your title – spend some time! (50% of total??)
- Post in our class FB group –12 quick views
- Write a good blog post: the class group will pass it on.
- Advertise your blog post through enticing posts with links on Twitter and FB and other SM sites! (and build up your SM communities…)
- Read + comment on similar blogs –reciprocate?
- Have friends recommend your post on Digg and Reddit.
- If it fits – do not abuse this – link in a comment to another article on a different blog. (Reputation risk if abused…)
- Join a support group on www.triberr.com. (Similar to class group but new bloggers)
What did I miss? What should I add???? Can you get me to TEN??