Customer-centric research methods one of Eight Steps
In Jan ’05 Fast Company converted a conversation with the principals of Peer Insight into eight steps to service innovation success.
Here are the five that most resonate with the themes in this blog:
- Create a clear challenge statement, expressed in terms of a customer need, not a business need, that focuses on the “white space.”
- Emphasize developing concepts that combine multiple elements of innovation (from your business model and IT platform to the channel) to increase the impact and distinctiveness of the idea.
- Employ a design that is guided by a base behavioral model of the customer’s underlying needs.
- Use customer-centric analytical tools to measure the customer experience.
- Make creative use of tangible artifacts to reinforced a distinctive experience.
The original blog entry is here: (Peer Insight is a consulting link on the right.)